Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan


I accidentally stumbled across this series in 2010. I used to borrow books from a small bookshop near my university and the sales person suggested I read this new book that has been published. The book she gave me was Percy Jackson and the last Olympian. At the time, I just got excited reading the synopsis and I obviously didn't know it was a series. 2 chapters in I figured out that oopsie, I have no idea who these people are.

And so, off I went to the same store the next day and got the remaining books by Rick Riordan. One week. That's all it took to finish this series. All 5 books!

I was always fascinated by Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology. It just made me want to explore more, read more about the gods, goddesses and the lives of heroes and anti heroes too! Then comes along this incredible author who merges the modern with the ancient and gives life to all these Gods and Goddesses we'd heard about.

At its core, Percy Jackson is the story of one incredible demigod hero who has to undertake quests to save Olympus, the seat of the Gods. But, he doesn't do it all by himself and this series teaches so much about sacrifice, bravery, love, hope and right or wrong.

Just because you are human, are you wrong? And just because you're a God, are you right ? Are all heroes good? Are all Gods good?

This is a young adult fictional series but it will end up teaching you a thing or two. It's incredible, funny, sad and poignant in right measure.
Riordan has an incredible talent for inclusivity and it shows across all his series.

I give it 4/5. Read it, you won't be disappointed.

#percyjackson #percyjacksonandtheolympians #percyjacksonfandom #percyjacksonandthelightningthief #percyjacksonandtheseaofmonsters #percyjacksonandthetitanscurse #percyjacksonandthebattleofthelabyrinth ##percyjacksonandthelastolympian #rickriordan #annabethchase #groverunderwood #lukecastellan #clarisselarue #zeus #poseidon #hades

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling