The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Given that Percy Jackson and the Olympians is currently on @disneyplus (thank the Gods they decided to make a show!), I thought I would review Uncle Rick's work on my page. The next few posts are dedicated to our heroes!

This series is on an entirely different level, but in a nice way. When you read the first book in the series, The Lost Hero, believe me, because I did the same, you will stop reading. There's no Percy's POV. It's some random kids and a new satyr and you're bound to wonder, what this is and to shut the book close. BUT, Uncle Rick has an incredible surprise in store for us and we do return to Camp Half blood to find newer Gods and Goddesses and their demigod children.

The incredible way in which Rick Riordan has blended the Greek and Roman worlds, the challenges, the secrets that can destroy demigods and Gods, the incredible valour, strength and sacrifice that every hero possesses and the friendship forged through trials is incomparable. These books have been an escape for me in some tough times and I cannot speak highly enough about them. The characters stay with you. They're lovable, relatable and oh so admirable.

These are young adult fiction but that's debatable, I mean, I've read these books at least 10 times so far. If not for nothing, read it to expand your list of Roman and Greek Gods and Goddesses. Actually, no. Read it for the Heroes. Read it for the strength you will feel emanating from these books.

I give it a 5/5. Read away!

#heroesofolympus #heroesofolympusfandom #thelosthero #thelostherotrio #thesonofneptune #themarkofathena #thehouseofhades #thebloodofolympus #thebloodofolympus⚡️ #rickriordan #percyjackson #annabethchase #groverunderwood #jasongrace #pipermclean #frankzhang #leovaldez #hazellevesque #camphalfblood #campjupiter #coachhedge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling