The Girls in the snow by Stacy Green - Nikki Hunt Book 1

 


Agent Nikki Hunt returns to Stillwater, Minnesota after 20 years for a case to find the killer of two fifteen year old girls found frozen in the forest. It's not just this murder that has Nikki racing against time in her old hometown. When her parents were murdered 20 years ago, Nikki's testimony and available proof put Mark Todd behind bars. She believes his crime, but new evidence can prove his innocence. Nikki now has to not only find a killer but also come to terms that the past may need to be revisited and rectified.

It took me a long time to finish this novel. For many reasons. Nikki Hunt is supposed to read people like a book. Criminals do not faze her and she gets them to confess even when other agents can't. Despite being that good, she is extremely stubborn and doesn't care to see evidence surrounding her parents death in new light until she's actually led by her attraction to the convict's brother. Her fellow agents are very much like herd following Nikki and don't really have much of a character.

I thought I knew the killer, because the author does lead the story in that direction; however, the actual killer may come as a surprise. I could figure out who it was around the 60% mark but it was still a decent read. It's a good plot but I think the main character is not very appealing. There is so much repetition about the past and the need to see evidence and the sheer stubbornness of Nikki to ignore all this is frustrating. Neither is her current case progressing, nor is her past resolved.

I may read the second book in the series to see if it gets better. I am also a bit tired of figuring out who the killer is in the last few books I've read so I need to change my reading list a bit.

I give this book 3/5

#stacygreen #thegirlsinthesnow #nikkihunt #fiction #fictionbooks #bookrecommendations #booklover #thriller #bookstagram #bookstagrammer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling